AccuVein AV400 viewing system
- Point and click – Simply aim the portable vein finder at an area of skin and click to locate the veins beneath the skin’s surface.
- Small size – The device weighs only 10 ounces and is easily handheld. When not in use, it’s small enough to carry in the pocket of scrubs or uniforms.
- Hands-free option – In situations that require hands-free use, the device quickly attaches to a chair or bedrail.
- Non-contact – Because the device has been designed not to come into contact with the patient, the device may not require sterilization between uses.
- Works in light or dark – The device effectively locates veins under light or dark lighting conditions.
- Rechargeable battery – The device doesn’t need to be plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Accuracy –Permanently aligned; center line accurate to less then the width of a human hair.
- Movement tolerant – Because the device shows the veins in real time, the device can accommodate patient movement, when operated properly, a critical feature for venous access procedures performed on children and restless or combative patients.
The AccuVein AV400 digitally displays a map of the vasculature on the surface of the skin in real time, allowing clinicians to verify vein patency and avoid valves or bifurcations. It is handheld and lightweight, weighing only 9.7 ounces (275g), and easily converts to hands-free with the use of optional wheeled or fixed stands. The medical grade design allows the device to be easily wiped clean, bagged for use in isolation, and does not require calibration as it is permanently aligned. The easy to use AV400 can be held in any direction above the vein being viewed. Universal and inverse modes make the AV400 useful on a variety of patient types. With center line accuracy to the width of a human hair, the AV400 can detect veins up to 10 mm deep. More effective venipuncture procedures with less patient discomfort result in higher patient satisfaction, making it clear why many facilities have chosen to incorporate AccuVein into their standard of care.